Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cost of War

The following is based on September 2007 figures. But the basic issue remains the same.

According to World Bank  estimates, $54 billion a year would eliminate starvation and malnutrition , while $30 billion would provide a year of primary education for every child on earth. At the upper range of those estimates, the $456 billion cost of the war  could have fed and educated the world’s poor for five and a half years.

The National Priorities Project Tallies Cost of War through September 30, 2010 HERE. So now what could we do with that amount of money?

If you want to work to change this culture of war join a local peace organization. The local one where I am is the Idaho Peace Coalition. Here is a list of Anti-War Organizations.

Being Pro-Peace as apposed to Anti-War has been an issue that has occupied my heart and mind for many years.

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there." ~ Mother Teresa

Just for drill here are some war quotes.

Please Visit my website for more links on peace,justice and war.
Go out and work for peace today!

No comments: