Saturday, December 14, 2019

Eris and Harmonia a kether muse




Eris and Harmonia
kether muse©


I saw Eris and Harmonia one day sitting on a bench in Elysium the home of the dead blessed by the gods. They were arguing about me as I sat quietly in witness. The question in contention was in fact had I, when time to die, would be deemed a just and loyal servant of the gods. One nods yea the other nay each unwavering in their pose as I looked on wishing to have a say but of course I had none.

From the side of the field was revealed another goddess was approaching. Tree and flower arched down low curved like a bow as she passed at last she was encroaching. Majestically enthralling. “Time to mute this dispute heard all the way to Hades. I am here because it's clear only I can hush you Ladies.” “This one in question,” she looked at me, “is pitiful quite often.” My demeanor fawned as she went on, “But I'm inclined and have a mind to favor him this time. As for all his life, I am told, he was mostly kind.”

She reached down anointed me with sweet pure ambrosia. Then laid me in her heart flames to burn my mortal chains still hanging as Eris and Harmonia sat silent on the stone and quit their near past wrangling. Alone, amazed as all three faded I rubbed my eyes in wonder. I felt the grass beneath my feet deciding then to wander the Fields of Elysium overcome by the scent of sweet sweet Ambrosia. The restful graves of blessed dead beckoned me to repose. “Not yet.” I said. “For I'm not dead. and wish to smell this rose.” Perhaps tomorrow I will explore the gardens more finding goddesses demure. Sitting there laughing as I'm passing arguing no more.

No comments: